The Ultimate 4 Player Arcade Brick Breaker with physics based ball behavior, unique power-ups, boss battles and more!
Beautiful Bricks was made by Matthew Vecchio of Ready Wolf. The project started in April 2016 and was finished in November 2019.
"Beautiful Bricks is the ultimate 4 player brick breaker. A restoration of an arcade great with awesome improvements like physic-based ball behaviour, more paddle control, 4 simultaneous players, super unique powerups and boss battles! All presented in a consistent retro '8-bit' aesthetic."
A basic version of Beautiful Bricks is playable online, or you can purchase the full version from itch.io or Steam.
Included is an online manual, describing many of the different paddles, game modes, bosses, point values, achievements and of course the game play.
"Paddle jumping, 4-player co-op, physics-based ball behavior and intense boss battles are just a few of the innovative features in Ready Wolf's debut release Beautiful Bricks. Taking cues from arcade hits Arkanoid™ and Break Out™, Beautiful Bricks is an action-packed 4-player brick breaker that blends innovation with classic gaming. Beautiful Bricks is bursting with features, offering an 'old school' challenge that is presented in a consistent 8-bit aesthetic."
- 1 - 4 Simultaneous players
- 230 levels and 15 challenging boss battles
- Over 40 innovative power ups
- Unique physic-based ball movement
- Co-operative and competitive multiplayer modes
- Special game modes: Endless, Boss Rush, Invader and Marathon
- 8-bit style graphics and sound
- Tracker .MOD "chiptune" style music
- Locally savable high scores and achievements
- Unlockable secrets and hidden content
- Tons of style and quirkiness