Phaser CE is the Community Edition. Read what this means and how it differs from v2.
The current version is 2.9.3 released on 11th December 2017.
You can also download this version from npm. Need more details? Follow this tutorial.
npm install email@example.com
Which version should I download?
Familiar with git? Use the "clone" link to get the whole repo. The "js" and "min.js" links download pre-built versions of Phaser with all modules enabled (see Creating a Custom Phaser Build). The zip and tar links download an archive of the repository. If you're just doing a quick test then it's safe to grab the js files. However there are lots of extras included in the repository worth having such as Project Templates and API docs.
What's New in 2.9.3?
Version 2.9.3 - 11th December 2017
- Phaser.BitmapData#polygon draws a polygon.
- Phaser.Keyboard#removeCallbacks removes callbacks added by Phaser.Keyboard#addCallbacks.
- Phaser.Loader#imageFromGrid and Phaser.Loader#imageFromTexture are image-loading counterparts of Phaser.Create#grid and Phaser.Create#texture.
- Phaser.Point.sortClockwise sorts points around a reference point.
- Phaser.Point#atan computes a point's arctangent.
- Phaser.Point#expand increases a point's magnitude to a minimum length.
- Phaser.World#wrapAll wraps all members of a group.
- Audio and video are now touch-unlocked only via the touchend event (#92). Previously we used
touchendfor audio on newer Chrome and iOS clients and
touchstartin all other cases.
- Tilemap#addTilesetImage, Tilemap#createFromObjects, and Tilemap#createLayer print the map's contents (following the usual warning) in the console if you pass a bad name or identifier, to help you correct it.
- Tileset#addTilesetImage gives a little more information when warning about image dimension mismatches.
- Optimized Phaser.Utils.getProperty.
- Removed Phaser.TweenData#yoyoCounter, an extraneous property that Phaser never used.
- p2 TypeScript definitions fixes and updates (#406).
- Phaser.Tween#start no longer tries to start a tween marked for deletion (such as by Tween#stop). Instead it prints a warning to the console (#401).
- Fixed drag movement of fixedToCamera sprites when the camera is scaled (#405).
- Fixed tweens not repeating when Tween#start is called after Tween#repeat (#408).
- StateManager#loadComplete is no longer called by the Loader if the state has been destroyed (#410).
- Added TypeScript definitions for Phaser.Sprite#outOfCameraBoundsKill.
@clesquir, @GrindheadGames, @husengbatute29, @Nek-, @photonstorm, @samme