A comprehensive raycasting plugin for Phaser 3 that works with Arcade and Matter Physics.
Wiserim on GitHub has released Phaser Raycaster v0.9.3, a Phaser 3 plugin which provide raycasting for geometric Game Objects, Sprites and Matter.js bodies. It can be used with Arcade Physics and Matter Physics.
- Compatible with Arcade and Matter Physics.
- Raycasting in a single direction, 360 degrees circle or in a cone.
- Visibility detection - collision detection with game objects.
- Test rays against mapped Game Objects: Containers, Lines, Rectangles, Polygons, Circles, Sprites, Tilemaps and Matter bodies.
- Provides closest intersection points between rays and tested objects.
- Tests can be made on all mapped objects, selected ones or only ones within detection range.
- Static and Dynamic mapping for individual objects.
- Mapped objects intersections detection.
The plugin comes with full documentation and examples on Codepen.
Learn to code and lead your intrepid crew on a mission to save The Cloud in TwilioQuest, a PC role-playing game inspired by classics of the 16-bit era. Free forever, and available now for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
The first book on the creation of HTML5 cross platform games using Phaser 3 and other free software.
- By Emanuele Feronato
- 155 Pages
- 28 Source Code Examples
- Build a complete game from start to finish
- Cross Platform
- Scaling for devices