Create a Phaser Leaderboard with User Authentication using Node.js + Express + MongoDB.
Phaser Tutorials.com starts a new series: "In this multi-part tutorial, we will be creating a simple Phaser 3 game that has authentication and a leaderboard. For our game, we are going to create a user sign up / login flow using Node.js, Express, and MongoDB. After the player has logged into our game, they will be able to view the leaderboard and submit new high scores to the database. Lastly, our server will also be responsible for hosting our Phaser game.
The goal of this tutorial is to teach you the basics of adding user authentication to your game and how to create a leaderboard. You will learn how to:
- Create a simple server using Node.js and Express
- Setup user authentication using MongoDB, Passport, and JWTs
- Protect server routes using authentication middleware
- Create a leaderboard using data from an API
- Allow the user to reset their password
Learn to code and lead your intrepid crew on a mission to save The Cloud in TwilioQuest, a PC role-playing game inspired by classics of the 16-bit era. Free forever, and available now for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
The first book on the creation of HTML5 cross platform games using Phaser 3 and other free software.
- By Emanuele Feronato
- 155 Pages
- 28 Source Code Examples
- Build a complete game from start to finish
- Cross Platform
- Scaling for devices