A fast-paced steamroller RTS. Harvest, build, attack, defend and conquer your opponents in this epic new game.
Strike Tactics is a new, fast-paced steamroller RTS! Harvest, build, attack, defend and conquer your opponents with a classic RTS formula. Huge unit roster with over 20 military units each with unique weaponry and capabilities. Super weapons which shoot halfway across the map. Hover tanks, bombers, mechs and enormous flying battleships!
Strike Tactics has been one of those games that I've known about as being in beta for ages now. It finally saw a public release and as you can see from the video above, it's a true sight to behold!
When I joined there were lots of people playing so it was easy to find a game. The tutorial lead me through creating worker drones, harvesting the carbon and ore, building a mech factory and starting to produce some ground based weapons. I used my scout to find out what the enemy were up to. If you're used to RTS games then this stuff will be second nature to you. You can drag select units, right-click to assign way points, cursors to scroll the map, find ore deposits and basically try and tank rush your opponent into oblivion :)
Core game features:
- Multiplayer focus (dedicated servers, not P2P) with 1v1, team and free-for-all modes.
- Auto-matchmaking and lobby matchmaking.
- State-of-the-art ELO-based ranking system, match history and global ladder (for paid users).
- Global cloud-based hosting infrastructure to accommodate players primarily in North America and Europe. Far east and Australian players are welcome too!
- Play single player games against AI (easy, medium, hard and a cheating AI).
- Play Deathmatch, a 4-person free-for-all tug-of-war style game mode. Control the center to earn extra resources and destroy all enemy bases!
- Face endless waves of enemy units in the new survival game mode.
- Full-featured RTS in the standard game mode, with base-building, production, technology research, queuing, worker units and a complex economy system that is easy to learn but difficult to master.
- Control groups, observer mode and custom hotkeys.
- Hard-hitting and industrial soundtrack with 15 original scores composed by On Being Human.
- Enormous maps, as big as 2.5 billion pixels.
- Share games as URLs. To play with a friend, simply send your game room URL. Or, open your game room to the public and people will join through the lobby browser.
- Easily create custom maps with the simple and easy to use browser-based map editor. Save and share your maps as text files.