A brand new release of the premiere Phaser IDE is now out, including hundreds of new features and built-in tools.
After 9 months of hard work, the preview release of Phaser Editor 2 is now available. Binaries are ready for download for all platforms and the features list is truly impressive. The amount of Phaser, and general game-dev related tools, built into Phaser Editor is quite something:
What's included in this release?
- Supports Phaser v3.15.1: the last version of Phaser.
- Scene editor: visually build the game levels and screens and compile them to a clean Phaser code.
- Supported objects: Image, Sprite, TileSprite, BitmapText, Group.
- In-scene manipulators.
- Simple align functions.
- Compiles to JS6. Different code styles (class, only methods).
- Compatible with external text editors.
- Animations editor: create the sprite animations by dropping the images into the editor (compatible with any external text editor).
- Asset Pack editor: define all the game assets into an Asset Pack JSON file (compatible with any external text editor).
- Texture Packer: a built-in tool to pack your images into a texture map. It is Phaser ready with no configuration. Multi-atlas format by default. Compatible with the text editor of your choice.
- Labs: a set of tools to inspect the Phaser API and examples.
- Phaser Chains: a powerful tool to search (pattern matching) the Phaser docs and examples.
- Phaser Types: simple UI to browse the Phaser API
- Phaser Hierarchy: shows the hierarchy of a selected Phaser Type.
- Phaser Files: browse the Phaser folders and files. Useful to create custom builds.
- Phaser Examples: a simple UI to browse the Phaser examples.
- JSDoc: a window to show the doc of the selected API element.
- Clone an example into a Project to mess around it: you can do this from any of the examples related UI.
- Phaser Project templates. Start your game quickly, no need to project configuration.
- Project Explorer: work on many projects at the same time. Link to external folders. Inclusion/exclusion filters. Reload external changes.
- Preview: keep a window with the preview of your assets: images, texture maps, sprite-sheets, CSV tilemaps, animations, audio, audio-sprites.
- Multiple platforms support: run the editor on Windows, macOS, and Linux.