A new plugin to help with grid / tile based movement and physics, with loads of cool features.
nkholski has released his Grid Physics Plugin for Phaser. This adds support for grid / tile based movement and physics. It's still in early stages, but the feature list is impressive and the source is on GitHub:
- Any grid size (not necessarily squares, i.e. 8x16 is possible, and not restricted to sprite or tile sizes).
- Turn-based or real-time.
- Visual debugging
- Tile dimensions may differ from grid dimensions (but needs to be multiple of the grid dimensions, like 16x16 tiles on an 8x8 grid).
- Collision detection against tile layers
- Tile collisions on specified directions only
- Body size is not restricted to grid-size, and different body sizes may co-exist (but must be equal or a multiple of grid dimensions. The sprite graphics may differ from body size.)
- Path finding (easystar.js dependency)
- Moveable objects (can be chained, i.e. the player push one crate against another crate that will also move).
- Mass (and strength that limit total mass that can be pushed by the power of one sprite)
- Velocity, ("struggle" property that can slow down a body based on mass pushed)
- Populated properties like isMoving.x (boolean) or isBlocked.top (boolean).