An updated editor, new marketplace client, improved scene editor, new learning content and more!
Version 1.3.0 of Phaser Editor has been released. This is a significant update, and includes:
- Updated to the latest Eclipse version (Neon.1): Performance improvements and much more.
- Eclipse Marketplace Client: to install third party plugins, like EGit. We are evaluating the typescript plugins developed by the Eclipse community.
- Automatic Updates: all components of the editor will be updated automatically, including the latest Phaser official version (no Phaser CE support for now)
- Improved JS Editor: small changes in the JS type inference engine that results in a much better content assist (yet not perfect)
- Bug fixing, performance improvements and minor features in the scene editor, asset pack, local HTTP server, project templates and chains.
- New learning content: we wrote a tutorial in the GameDevAcademy blog, about how to make a platformer game with the visual scene editor.
There are more details in the release notes.