A preview of this comprehensive new game scene building tool, with asset packing, previews, level editing and more.
Arian Fornaris posted about the awesome looking new Phaser Scene Builder to the forum:
"I invite you to check this PREVIEW video about Canvas, the Phaser Editor scene builder that is in development.
In the video we show how you can create the scene objects by dragging the assets shown in the Assets explorer, the texture atlas previews and the sprite-sheet previews (it was funny to discover that a texture atlas could be a nice "sprite palette").
We think this is a natural behavior that will increase your productivity since it uses the same elements you are familiar with.
We want to build an editor from the bottom to the top:
- We implemented a powerful asset manager, based on the Phaser Asset Pack format.
- Asset packers like the texture atlas and the audio sprites generators.
- A Preview window that is able to visualize those assets in a way that helps the user to get a quick feedback of the kind of objects she is using in her game.
- And now an scene builder that takes advantage of the asset pack and the Preview windows.
- When the scene builder gets ready and stable, then we will focus on the objects of the scene, and provide more specialized editors for aspects like tweens, sprite-sheet animations, physics and emitters, to mention some of them.
Our gold rule: stick to vanilla Phaser concepts, models and formats, we do not want the user to learn new stuff, we want to reuse what he already knows about Phaser, the same names, the same structures, and we want he to learn something that applies even outside our editor, because it is just Phaser after all."