A faithful recreation of the NES classic, with touch controls for mobile.
From the Phaser Forum developer nkholski posted: "The original Metroid for NES turns 30 years this year. To celebrate this and as an exercise I'm recreating the game with Phaser (although it will probably be just a partial remake).
First version includes:
- Complete Brinstar map, but only populated with enemies in the path to the first missiles
- All items except varia and wave beam. Keep right to reach a special room containing all of them.
- All brinstar enemy types. They won’t behave exactly as in the original though. My aim was to add them all, and in some cases I just went ahead as I remember them without comparing with the original.
- Doors, destroyable blocks and lava.
- Touch controls on touch devices (and decent performance on at least my Nexus 5 mobile)."