Phaser CE is the Community Edition. Read what this means and how it differs from v2.
The current version is 2.7.5 released on 23rd March 2017.
You can also download this version from npm. Need more details? Follow this tutorial.
npm install email@example.com
Which version should I download?
Familiar with git? Use the "clone" link to get the whole repo. The "js" and "min.js" links download pre-built versions of Phaser with all modules enabled (see Creating a Custom Phaser Build). The zip and tar links download an archive of the repository. If you're just doing a quick test then it's safe to grab the js files. However there are lots of extras included in the repository worth having such as Project Templates and API docs.
What's New in 2.7.5?
2.7.5 is a hotfix to patch the error this.preUpdateLifeSpan is not a function in 2.7.4 (#72). The following is from 2.7.4:
- New method Phaser.Math.hypot() calculates the length of the hypotenuse spanning two given lengths
- Added copyBitmapData function to Phaser.Bitmap
- Added noPause logic to src/input/Pointer.js
- Added timeStep parameter pass to state.pauseUpdate call at src/core/Game.js
Phaser.Point) property to
Phaser.TilemapLayer. This allows offsetting layer positions in a way that plays well with the camera and Arcade physics. Also, the
offsetyproperties are now read from the layer properties of Tiled maps.
- Changed Loader.loadImageTag behavior to exclude firefox from loading cached images (#2534)
- Added yarn lock file
- Added travis-ci build script
- Fixed Phaser.Plugin.AStar Typescript definitions and phaser-ce module name to get
grunt tsdocsto work again (#33)
- Fixed Phaser.Plugin.AStar.DISTANCE_MANHATTAN according to documentation
- Changed bower package name to
- Emitter.explode() now launches all particles if the
quantityargument is omitted (#7). You should pass quantity
0if you want to launch no particles.
overlapYare now reset to 0 when an Arcade Physics Body isn't colliding (#23)
- Extened Phaser.Physics.P2.Body.loadPolygon() method by scale parameter, that allows the loaded polygon to have a different scale
- Fixed documentation of Phaser.Video#createVideoFromBlob
- Clarify documentation of Phaser.AnimationManager#updateIfVisible
- Update Phaser.Text#setStyle to not mutate the passed style
- Extended Phaser.Particles.Arcade.Emitter#makeParticles by parameter to pass custom parameters to particle class
- Fixed jshint issues (#46)
- Added call of preUpdateLifeSpan for Phaser.Image#preUpdate (#46)
- Added missing parameter particleArguments at typescript definition file (#46)
- Updated changes at readme and changelog markdown (#69)
- Fixed Arcade.Body.reset() so it resizes the body if the sprite scale has changed (#10).
- Fixed Phaser.Camera.checkBounds() so it doesn't flicker when its view is bigger than its bounds.
- Fixed Phaser.Math#between and Phaser.Math#random to work again
- Reset loader state at Phaser.Loader before complete callbacks (#53)
- Fixed crashes on very old devices
- Phaser.Group#update Fixed group updating if a sprite has been destroyed
- Phaser.Weapon#fire Fix local rotation tracking (#66)
- Fixed memory leak on webaudio at Phaser.Sound
- Fix wrong parameter by calling Phaser.RenderTexture in pixi _generateCachedSprite at DisplayObject
- Fixed jshint issues
- Added preUpdateLifeSpan for Image
- Added missing parameter particleArguments at typescript definition file
- Fixed duplicate touch events in Android Chrome >= 55 due to introduction of PointerEvents.