Create an HTML5 Vertical Endless Runner cross-platform game using Phaser and only free software.
- By Emanuele Feronato
- 100 Pages
- 31 Source Code Examples
- Saving and Loading Highscores
- Adapting to various resolutions
Endless runner games are gaining more and more popularity. Now it's your time to learn how to create a professional looking and fully featured vertical endless runner game.
With the experience of more than 100 Phaser tutorials, I will take you by hand through the creation of an endless runner game using Phaser framework, not only showing you how to code any single feature of the game, but even adding room for improvement and customization covering, among other things:
- Setting up a Phaser project
- Creating Phaser states
- Preloading graphics and sounds
- Creating buttons
- Using tweens to quickly create animations
- Adding sprites and images to the game and applying tint filters to change their color on the fly
- Using ARCADE Physics engine - provided with Phaser - to manage movement and collision of sprites
- Playing background music and sounds
- Using particles to create smoke trails and explosions
- Handling and saving high scores
- Adapting the game to various resolutions
By the end of the book, you will know how to create a cross-platform endless runner game building a professional looking game.
Each step of the book is provided with its source code example, for a total of 100 pages and 31 source code examples.