This version is out of date
The version of Phaser downloaded from this page is not the current stable release.
- BitmapData.copy, and by extension any method that uses it, including BitmapData.draw, drawGroup and drawFull, now all support drawing RenderTexture objects. These can either be passed directly, or be the textures of Sprites, such as from a call to generateTexture.
- Arcade Physics has had a new
worldargument added to the following functions:
angleToPointer. The argument (which is false by default), when enabled will calculate the angles or distances based on the Game Objects
worldproperty, instead of its
yproperties. This allows it to work for objects that are placed in offset Groups, or are children of other display objects (thanks @Skeptron for the thread #2463)
- Arcade Physics Body has a new property
worldBounce. This controls the elasticity of the Body specifically when colliding with the World bounds. By default this property is
null, in which case Body.bounce is used instead. Set this property to a Phaser.Point object in order to enable a World bounds specific bounce value (thanks @VitaZheltyakov #2465)
- TypeScript definitions fixes and updates (thanks @osev7 @staff0rd @galen-manuel)
- Docs typo fixes (thanks @dedoubleyou1 @mortonfox @zeterain)
- You can now access the intensity of the Camera shake effect via the getter / setter
Camera.shakeIntensity. Useful if you wish to tween the intensity while running. (thanks @drhayes #2443)
- The Arcade Physics overlap method would return false if two bodies were overlapping but neither had any velocity (i.e. they were embedded into each other)
- PIXI.defaultRenderer is now set to
nullin Game.destroy, allowing it to be reset if a new Game instance is created on the same page (thanks @xtforgame ##2474)
- BitmapData.drawGroupProxy is now capable of iterating through Sprites that have children, and also now uses the world positions for drawing instead. This change updates the functionality of BitmapData.drawGroup.
- Text.setStyle has a new argument
updatewhich will optionally automatically call
updateTextafter setting the new style (thanks @staff0rd #2478)
- Fixed an issue in the Arcade Physics overlap method where it would only detect overlaps up to the max bias threshold and no further (thanks @rgk #2441)
- InputHandler.checkPointerDown and checkPointerOver will now test the worldTransform scale property of a Sprite. If zero it will fast return, where-as before it would incorrectly report an up event (thanks @jaapaurelio #2466)
- Fixed a bug in Arcade Physics Body.preUpdate which would incorrectly apply the position of an offset Body (one which has had Body.setSize used on it) when combined with a Sprite with a non-zero anchor (thanks @SBCGames #2470)
- If you set Game.renderType to
Phaser.HEADLESSit will no longer render the output to the canvas. The canvas is still created (although not added to the DOM), as it's required internally, but no rendering now takes place on it (thanks @ForgeableSum #2464)
- Sounds played using the Audio tag, that were paused and then resumed again (either directly in code, or via a game pause event) would not resume from the point at which they paused (thanks @rroylance #2473)
- Sounds played using the Audio tag, set to loop, would get caught in an endless pause-play loop cycle (thanks @rroylance #2473)
Please note that Phaser uses a custom build of Pixi and always has done. The following changes have been made to our custom build, not to Pixi in general.
- Sprites that had a tint on them, that then had their frame changed via either
Sprite.frameNamewouldn't re-tint the new frame, and would become stuck on the old frame in Canvas mode (thaks @spayton #2453)