Please see Phaser CE (Community Edition) releases for more v2 updates.
We are actively working hard on Phaser v3.
- Group.getRandomExists will return a random child from the Group that has exists set to true.
- Group.getAll will return all children in the Group, or a section of the Group, with the optional ability to test if the child has a property matching the given value or not.
- Group.iterate has a new
RETURN_ALL. This allows you to return all children that pass the iteration test in an array.
- The property
checkCollision.nonein the ArcadePhysics.Body class was available, but never used internally. It is now used and checked by the
separatemethod. By setting
checkCollision.none = trueyou can disable all collision and overlap checks on a Body, but still retain its motion updates (thanks @samme #2661)
- Math.rotateToAngle takes two angles (in radians), and an interpolation value, and returns a new angle, based on the shortest rotational distance between the two.
- Math.getShortestAngle will return the shortest angle between the two given angles. Angles are in the range -180 to 180, which is what
Sprite.angleuses. So you can happily feed this method two sprite angles, and get the shortest angle back between them (#2494)
- TypeScript definitions fixes and updates (thanks @calvindavis @AlvaroBarua)
- Docs typo fixes (thanks @rroylance @Owumaro @boniatillo-com @samme @kjav)
- The InputHandler.flagged property has been removed. It was never used internally, or exposed via the API, so was just overhead.
- The src/system folder has been removed and all files relocated to the src/utils folder. This doesn't change anything from an API point of view, but did change the grunt build scripts slightly.
- BitmapData.shadow and BitmapData.text now both
return thiskeeping them in-line with the docs (thanks @greeny #2634)
- Group.align has had its arguments changed so that it's now
(width, height, ...)instead of
(rows, columns, ...)(thanks @deargle #2643)
- Group.align now returns
trueif the Group was aligned, or
- The Loader.headers object has a new property
requestedWith. By default this is set to
false, but it can be used to set the
XMLHttpRequest(or any other value you need). To enable this do
this.load.headers.requestedWith = 'XMLHttpRequest'before adding anything to the Loader.
- ScaleManager.hasPhaserSetFullScreen is a new boolean that identifies if the browser is in full screen mode or not, and if Phaser was the one that requested it. As it's possible to enter full screen mode outside of Phaser, and it then gets confused about what bounding parent to use.
- Phaser.Tileset has a new property
lastgidwhich is populated automatically by the TilemapParser when importing Tiled map data, or can be set manually if building your own tileset.
- Stage will now check if
document.hiddenis available first, and if it is then never even check for the prefixed versions. This stops warnings like "mozHidden and mozVisibilityState are deprecated" in newer versions of browsers and retain backward compatibility (thanks @leopoldobrines7 #2656)
- As a result of changes in #2573 Graphics objects were calling
updateLocalBoundson any shape change, which could cause dramatic performances drops in Graphics heavy situations (#2618). Graphics objects now have a new flag
_boundsDirtywhich is used to detect if the bounds have been invalidated, i.e. by a Graphics being cleared or drawn to. If this is set to true then
updateLocalBoundsis called once in the
postUpdatemethod (thanks @pengchuan #2618)
- Phaser.Image now has the ScaleMinMax component.
- Animations now allow for speeds greater than 0, rather than forcing them to be greater than 1. This allows you to have animation speeds slower than 1 frame per second (thanks @jayrobin #2664)
- Weapon.fire and all related methods (fireAtXY, fireAtPointer, fireAtSprite) now all return the instance of the Phaser.Bullet that was fired, or
nullif nothing was fired. Previously it would return a boolean, but this change allows you to perform additional processing on the Bullet as required (thanks @JTronLabs #2696)
- Sound.loopFull now returns the Sound instance that was looped (thanks @hilts-vaughan #2697)
- ArcadePhysics Body.rotation now reads its initial value from sprite.angle instead of sprite.rotation. The property was immediately replaced with the correct value in Body.preUpdate regardless, but it keeps it consistent (thanks @samme #2708)
- Weapon.fire now tracks rotation properly, when using an offset and tracking a sprite (thanks @bobonthenet #2672)
- A Group with
inputEnableChildrenset would re-start the Input Handler on a Sprite, even if that handler had been disabled previously.
- Weapon.autofire wouldn't fire after the first bullet, or until
firewas called, neither of which are requirements. If you now set this boolean the Weapon will fire continuously until you toggle it back to false (thanks @alverLopez #2647)
- ArcadePhysics.World.angleBetweenCenters now uses
centerYproperties to check for the angle between, instead of
center.x/yas that property no longer exists (thanks @leopoldobrines7 #2654)
- The Emitter.makeParticles
collideargument didn't work, as a result of #2661, but is now properly respected thanks to that change (thanks @samme #2662)
- Sound.play would throw the error "Uncaught DOMException: Failed to execute 'disconnect' on 'AudioNode': the given destination is not connected." in Chrome, if you tried to play an audio marker that didn't exist, while a valid marker was already playing.
- Text bounds would incorrectly displace if the Text resolution was greater than 1 (thanks @valent-novem #2685)
- TilemapParser would calculate widthInPixels and heightInPixels were being read incorrectly from JSON data (capitalisation of properties) (thanks @hexus #2691)
- A tinted Texture in Canvas mode wouldn't be updated properly if it was also cropped, beyond the initial crop. Now a cropped texture will re-tint itself every time the crop is updated, and has changed (thanks @phoenixyjll #2688)
- The Weapon.fireRateVariance property was never taken into account internally. It's now applied to the firing rate correctly (thanks @noseglid #2715)
- Text.updateText now sets
Text.dirty = false, which stops Text objects from having
updateTextcalled twice on them after creation.
Please note that Phaser uses a custom build of Pixi and always has done. The following changes have been made to our custom build, not to Pixi in general.
This version contains significant fixes for
DisplayObjectContainer.getBounds. The methods can now accept an optional argument
targetCoordinateSpacewhich makes it much more flexible, allowing you to check the bounds against any target, not just local and global ones. If the
targetCoordinateSpaceis a valid DisplayObject:
- If it's a parent of the caller at some level it will return the bounds relative to it.
- if it's not parenting the caller at all, it will get the global bounds of it, and the caller and will calculate the x and y bounds of the caller relative to the targetCoordinateSpace DisplayObject.
As a result this also fixes how empty Groups are treated when they have no other children except Groups. So now calculations are correct.
* DisplayObjectContainer.contains(child) is a new method which determines whether the specified display object is a child of the DisplayObjectContainer instance or the instance itself. This method is used in the new getBounds function.
* Corrected DisplayObjects default
_bounds rect from (0, 0, 1, 1) to (0, 0, 0, 0).
* Thanks to @fmflame for his hard work on the above (#2639 #2627)
* The methods
removeStageReference have been removed from all Pixi classes. Objects no longer have
stage properties, or references to the Stage object. This is because no reference to the Stage is required for any calculations, and Phaser can only have 1 Stage, so adding and removing references to it were superfluous actions.
* The file pixi/utils/Polyk.js has been removed, as it was no longer used with Pixi or Phaser (we replaced it with EarCut a while ago)