This version is out of date
The version of Phaser downloaded from this page is not the current stable release.
- You can use the new const
Phaser.PENDING_ATLASas the texture key for any sprite. Doing this then sets the key to be the
frameargument (the frame is set to zero). This allows you to create sprites using
load.imageduring development, and then change them to use a Texture Atlas later in development by simply searching your code for 'PENDING_ATLAS' and swapping it to be the key of the atlas data.
- BitmapText.cleanText is a new method that will scan the given text and either remove or replace all characters that are not present in the font data.
- ArcadePhysics.Body.onCeiling is a new complementary method to go with onFloor (thanks @yigitozdemir #1610)
- Text.precalculateWordWrap allows you to run your text through the Text word wrap function, which is handy if you need to handle pagination on longer pieces of text (thanks @slashman #2277)
- Sprite (and all Game Objects) have a new argument in their destroy method:
destroyTexture. This boolean (which is false by default) controls if the BaseTexture of the Game Object should be destroyed or not. This is extremely useful in situations where you've got a lot of dynamic assets you no longer need, such as textures created from BitmapDatas. You must set the
destroyTextureargument yourself. This can be done in a custom Game Object destroy method or as part of your state shutdown (#2261)
- The Health Game Object component has a new method:
setHealthwhich allows you to set the exact health amount. This is now used by the
- Text.useAdvancedWrap allows you to swap between the Basic and the Advanced word wrapping functions. In Advanced it will wrap long-words and condense and trim excess white space (thanks @soldoutactivist #1811)
- The Grunt script has been updated to enhance the intro / outro and Pixi defaults. Pixi has been split into intro / outro and main blocks, so you can exclude its intro cleanly. The excludes are now bound, so if you exclude the Phaser UMD it will do the same for Pixi as well (thanks @spayton #2192)
- ArcadePhysics.worldAngleToPointer will get the angle (in radians) between a display object and the pointer, taking all parent rotations into account (thanks @mattrick16 #2171)
- There is new documentation on building Phaser for Webpack and a new custom build grunt option (thanks @deiga #2331)
- Device.safariVersion now holds the major version of the Safari browser.
- Device.edge is a boolean that is set if running under the Microsoft Edge browser.
- Device.dolby is a boolean that is set if the browser can play EC-3 Dolby Digital Plus files
- The Loader and SoundManager can now play Dolby Digital Plus files on supported devices.
- TypeScript definitions fixes and updates (thanks @clark-stevenson @zimpy @iamfreee @milkey-mouse @juanmirod @danzel @staff0rd @sanchopancho13)
- Docs typo fixes (thanks @zeterain @staff0rd @milkey-mouse @dick-clark @nlotz @s4wny @jonjanisch @Alaxe @cdelstad @tsphillips @rblopes @vrecluse)
- Emitter methods
startnow return the Emitter instance for better method chaining (thanks @samme #2308)
- Tilemap.hasTile will now return
falseif the Tile doesn't exist in the coordinates given (which can happen if the coordinates are out of bounds) (thanks @cy-ryo-fujiwara #2304)
- Update FrameData to check if both the numeric index was set and exists. Should fix Phaser Tiled integration as a result (thanks @Weedshaker #2298)
- Loader.loadUpdate now gets one final call when the loading is complete (before it would end and then call loadComplete, but if you had a callback bound to loadUpdate you'd never get that final 100% load event). (thanks @nexiuhm @McFarts #2297 #2296)
- The TypeScript definitions now have Phaser exported as a module in the header. This allows you to import / require the Phaser TypeScript defs (thanks @PixelWaffles #2255)
- BitmapData.setHSL now accepts 0 as a valid parameter (thanks @FracturedShader #2209)
- Force the usage of typescript 1.4.1 in the package.json so that the TypeScript defs with comments is rebuilt properly again (thanks @vulvulune #2198)
- A tiny logic update in the StateManager (thanks @jaminscript #2151)
- The Style object passed in to Phaser.Text is now cloned instead of referenced. This means you can adjust single Text instances without invaliding other Text objects using the same style object (thanks @asyncanup #2267)
- Added a typescript section to the bower and npm configs to support
tsd link(thanks @mjohnsonengr #2189 #2180)
- SoundManager.destroy now calls AudioContext.close (thanks @stoneman1 #2237)
- Sound.onEndedHandler now sets Sound.currentTime to be Sound.durationMS (thanks @stoneman1 #2237)
- BitmapData would always create a private
_swapCanvaswhich was a clone of its main canvas used for advanced movement operations. This no longer happens. The swap canvas is created only as needed, by those functions that use it (specifically
moveV), meaning a BitmapData will now use half the amount of memory it used to, and you'll have half the amount of canvas DOM elements created (unless you make heavy use of the move functions).
- Tweens with 'yoyo' set on them couldn't be re-used again because the start and end properties were left in a reversed state. When a yoyo tween ends it now restores the reversed values (thanks @SBCGames #2307)
- The width and height values passed to the Game constructor are now passed through Math.floor first. This ensures you can never create a game width non-integer dimensions, which has all kinds of implications - from browser performance to breaking things like TileSprite rendering (#2262)
- Tilemap.getObjectIndex has been removed as it didn't work correctly in most cases, and it's easier to just scan the Tilemap.objects object directly anyway (#2242)
- GameObject.revive will now set the health amount to 100 instead of 1, bringing it in-line with the
- Moved the Sound.disconnect after the Sound.stop call in Web Audio (#2280)
- BitmapData.drawGroup can now handle drawing Emitters and BitmapText objects that are part of the Group.
- SoundManager.setTouchLock is no longer set if
SoundManager.noAudiois true, or if the PhaserGlobal setting
disableAudiois true (thanks @bcjordan #2206)
- Loader.audiosprite is renamed to Loader.audioSprite (the old one still works for legacy reasons) (thanks @epaezrubio #2145)
- EarCut now replaces PolyK, which fixes advanced Graphics mask triangulation issues such as #1941
- Camera.checkBounds now takes the scale of the Camera into account (thanks @ForGorNorPor #2263)
- InputHandler.consumePointerEvent has been removed, as it was never used internally anyway, so was misleading (thanks @GregoryAveryWeir #2227)
- Events.onDragUpdate has a new 6th property
fromStartwhich is a boolean. You can determine if the event was the result of the start of a drag movement or not by polling it (#2155)
- SinglePad.onDownCallback has been moved to the end of the method, so that DeviceButton.start is now called before the callback fires, meaning if you check the status of the button in the onDownCallback it will now be fully activated (thanks @suicidepills #2159)
zproperty assigned to children of a Group now starts from zero instead of 1, this is an internal change mostly but if you relied on the
zproperty for some reason then please be aware of this (thanks pantoninho)
- Buttons (or any Sprites) that don't have a texture, but have children, would incorrectly render the children under WebGL due to the baseTexture.skipRender property (thanks @puzzud #2141)
- TilemapParser accidentally redeclared
iwhen parsing the ImageCollections which would cause an infinite loop (thanks DanHett)
- BitmapData.update causes a snowballing memory leak under WebGL due to a Context.getImageData call. BitmapData.clear used to call update automatically but no longer does. This resolves the issue of the Debug class causing excessive memory build-up in Chrome. Firefox and IE were unaffected (thanks @kingjerod #2208)
- Pausing a Sound that used a Marker for playback would fire the
onMarkerCompletesignal by mistake as well as stop the fadeTween. This Signal is now only dispatched if Sound.stop is called and the Sound isn't paused (thanks Corin)
- BitmapText.text would throw an undefined Texture error if you used a character in your text string that didn't exist in the font data.
- Animation.stop will now stop the named animation only if the
nameargument is passed and matches the currently running animation (thanks @samme #2299 #2301)
- TilemapParser accidentally redeclared
iwhen parsing Tilemap Layers (thanks @ttencate and @aweber1 #2244 #2233 #2281)
removeAllto TweenManagers stub, so the call from the StageManager doesn't throw an error in a custom build (thanks @RetrocadeNet #2284)
- Loader.binary would return a success even if the xhr'd file returned a 404 or similar (thanks @milkey-mouse @mhstar89 #2251 #2250)
- When loading audio or video from blob or data URIs, the local variable was replaced too soon, throwing errors in
getVideoURL(thanks @milkey-mouse @jackfreak #2236 #2234)
- Tween.hasStarted parameter was set to
falsewhen the tween was created, but not set again when the tween was stopped or ends. If
Tween.startis used more than once the
onStartcallback is called only the first time (thanks @javivi91 #2199)
- During a WebGL context loss the Phaser Cache was referencing the wrong local object (thanks @allenevans #2285)
- The Video game object used an anonymous bound function for both the 'ended' and 'playing' event listeners, meaning that they were never removed properly (thanks @ramalhovfc #2303)
- BitmapData.shiftHSL incorrectly used Math.limitValue, now updated to use Math.clamp (thanks @FracturedShader #2222)
- The Loader was deleting the next waiting file from the queue if an asset pack was added after the load had started (thanks @tfelix #2203 #2204)
- Specifying Phaser.ScaleManager.EXACT_FIT as the scaleMode in a game config object would fail to use the scale mode (thanks @06wj #2248)
- BitmapText would crash if it tried to render a character that didn't exist in the font set. Any character that doesn't exist in the font set now renders a space character instead.
- BitmapText would load and parse the kerning data from the font, but would never use it when rendering. The kerning values are now applied on rendering as well (thanks @veu #2165)
- SinglePad.callbackContext is now set through addCallbacks method (thanks @puzzud #2161)
antialiaswere ignored if set to
falsein a Game configuration object, as the
parseConfigmethod didn't check for falsey values (thanks @amadeus #2302)
- GameObject.revive used to add the health amount given to the Game Object (via
heal) instead of setting it as the new health amount. It now calls
setHealthinstead, giving it the exact amount (thanks @netgfx #2231)
- Group.add and Group.addAt would forget to remove the child from the hash of its previous Group if it had a physics body enabled, causing unbounded hash increase (thanks @strawlion @McIntozh #2232)
- Fixed a really nasty bug in Chrome OS X where a ctrl + click (i.e. simulated right-click) on a trackpad would lock up the Pointer leftButton, causing future clicks to fail. This is now handled by way of a mouseout listener on the window object, sadly the only way to force a mouseup in Chrome (thanks @KyleU #2286)
- ctrl + click is now only considered a right-click if event.buttons = 1, this should allow you to use ctrl as a key modifier on Windows (and any device with a multi-button mouse attached) and still use ctrl + click on OS X / trackpads for a right-click (thanks @yuvalsv #2167)
- If the Mouse was over a Sprite and you then clicked it, it would dispatch another Over event. This is now surpressed if the Over event has already been dispatched previously (thanks @McFarts #2133)
- InputHandler.pointerOver could fail to return anything in some instances, now always returns a boolean.
- Tween.onLoop would be fired when a Tween repeated and Tween.onRepeat would be fired when a Tween looped. These are now reversed to fire correctly (thanks @vladkens #2024)
- Text with lineSpacing set wouldn't apply the lineSpacing to the final line of text in the Text string, or to text with just single lines. This could lead to incorrect height calculations for further layout and unwanted padding at the bottom of Text objects (thanks @Lopdo #2137)
- SpriteBatch incorrectly applied the PIXI SpriteBatch prototype over the top of Phaser.Group meaning that Sprites with animations wouldn't render correctly (thanks @qdrj #1951)
- Color.updateColor would pass
getColor32method without first putting the value into the range 0 - 255 (thanks @mainpsyhos #2327)
Please note that Phaser uses a custom build of Pixi and always has done. The following changes have been made to our custom build, not to Pixi in general.
- BaseTexture.destroy no longer checks for the
_pixiIdproperty on the canvas before removing it from the CanvasPool, meaning it's now destroying a lot more canvas elements than it was in the past!
- TilingSprite would ignore the
renderableproperty, and render it regardless. Now it skips render if
renderableis false (thanks @Green92 #2214)
- We have replaced the PolyK Triangulation calls within Pixi with EarCut 2.0.8. This allows for faster polygon triangulation, and also deals with more complex polygons that PolyK would crash on.
- Graphics.arc has a new argument
segmentsthat allows you to control how many segments are created when the arc is drawn. The default is 40. Use a higher number for more fidelity, i.e. if you find that reversed arcs are not joining up fully (#2064)
- PIXI.WebGLMaskManager.pushMask and popMask are now more robust in checking that they have been given valid mask data (#2152)
- PIXI.WebGLGraphics.stencilBufferLimit is a new integer that allows you to define how many points exist in a Graphics object before Pixi swaps to using the Stencil Buffer to render it. The default is 6 but can be increased. This fixes issues with things like Quadratic curves not rendering as masks in WebGL.
- If a Display Object with a mask contained a child with a Filter, then the child would not render. The WebGLFilterManager now retains state and creates a new stencil buffer as required (thanks @hightopo #1842)
- The Filter Texture and GL Viewport are now properly resized, fixing issues with custom resolutions and filters (thanks @englercj @amadeus #2326 #2320)
- Graphics.generateTexture has a new argument
paddingwhich allows you to add extra spacing onto the generated texture. This is useful for small Graphics objects where you find a few pixels getting sliced off the edges due to rounding issues (#1933)
- DisplayObject._generateCachedSprite (which is called from
cacheAsBitmapis enabled) would bitwise | 1 the bounds width and height. This would often lead to incorrect rounding (heights of 4 would become 5, while heights of 5 would remain 5). This has now been removed and the width and height are passed through Math.ceil and then checked to make sure they aren't less than 1 pixel in either direction (thanks @alesdotio #2078)