This version is out of date
The version of Phaser downloaded from this page is not the current stable release.
- StateManager.unlink will null all State-level Phaser properties, such as
add, etc. Useful if you never need to return to the State again.
- Cache.removeImage has a new parameter:
trueby default. It will remove the image from the Pixi BaseTextureCache as well as from the Phaser Cache. Set to false if you don't want the Pixi cache touched.
- Group.ignoreDestroy boolean will bail out early from any call to
Group.destroy. Handy if you need to create a global Group that persists across States.
- Loader can now natively load XML files via
load.xml. Once the XML file has loaded it is parsed via either DOMParser or ActiveXObject and then added to the Cache, where it can be retrieved via
- Cache now has support for XML files stored in their own container. You can add them with
cache.addXML(typically this is done from the Loader automatically for you) and get them with
cache.getXML(key). There is also
- Rectangle.aabb is a new method that will take an array of Points and return a Rectangle that matches the AABB (bounding area) of the Points (thanks @codevinsky #1199)
- AudioSprite support is now built into the Loader and SoundManager. AudioSprites are like sprite sheets, only they consist of a selection of audio files and markers in a json configuration. You can find more details at https://github.com/tonistiigi/audiosprite (thanks @codevinsky #1205)
- Point.parse will return a new Point object based on the x and y properties of the object given to Point.parse (thanks @codevinsky #1198)
- Sound.fadeOut(duration) will fade the Sound to a volume of zero over the duration given. At the end of the fade the Sound will be stopped and Sound.onFadeComplete dispatched.
- Sound.fadeIn(duration, loop) will start the Sound playing, or restart it if already playing, set its volume to zero and then increase the volume over the duration given until it reaches 1. At the end of the fade the Sound.onFadeComplete event is dispatched.
- Text.addColor allows you to set specific colors within the Text. It works by taking a color value, which is a typical HTML string such as
rgb(255,0,0)and a position. The position value is the index of the character in the Text string to start applying this color to. Once set the color remains in use until either another color or the end of the string is encountered. For example if the Text was
Photon Stormand you did
Text.addColor('#ffff00', 6)it would color in the word
- Text.clearColors resets any previously set colors from
- If you pass a tinted Sprite to
BitmapData.copyit will now draw the tinted version of the Sprite to the BitmapData and not the original texture.
- BitmapData.shadow(color, blur, x, y) provides a quick way to set all the relevant shadow settings, which are then be used in future draw calls.
- Cache.addBitmapData has a new parameter:
frameDataallowing you to pass a
Phaser.FrameDataobject along with the BitmapData.
- Cache.getFrameData has a new parameter:
mapwhich allows you to specify which cache to get the FrameData from, i.e.
- Sprite.loadTexture if given a BitmapData as the texture will now query the cache to see if it has any associated FrameData, and if so it will load that into the AnimationManager.
- BitmapData.textureLine takes a Phaser.Line object and an image in the image cache. It then accurately draws the image as a repeating texture for the full length of the line.
- AnimationManager.name will now return the
nameproperty of the currently playing animation, if any.
- Group.filter takes a predicate function and passes child, index, and the entire child array to it. It then returns an ArrayList containing all children that the predicate returns true for (thanks @codevinsky #1187)
- Cache.checkUrl allows you to check if a resource is in the cache based on an absolute URL (thanks @englercj #1221)
- Cache.getUrl gets a resource from the cache based on the absolute URL it was loaded from (thanks @englercj #1221)
- Sound.allowMultiple allows you to have multiple instances of a single Sound playing at once. This is only useful when running under Web Audio, and we recommend you implement a local pooling system to not flood the sound channels. But it allows for one Sound object to play overlapping times, useful for gun effects and similar (#1220)
- TypeScript definitions fixes and updates (thanks @clark-stevenson @englercj @benjamindulau)
- Added the
maskRectparameters back into
BitmapData.alphaMaskas they were accidentally removed in 2.1 (thanks seejay92)
- jsdoc fixes (thanks @danxexe #1209)
- AnimationParser is now using
nodeValuewhen parsing atlas XML files, avoiding Chrome deprecation warnings (thanks @valtterip #1189)
- Color.webToColor restored. Converts a CSS rgba color into a native color value.
- Color.createColor now populates the
colorproperty of the returned object with the results of
- Color.createColor now has a
color32property with the results of
- Color.hexToColor has been optimised to inline the regex and has moved the createColor call so it now populates the color object fully, not just setting the r,g,b properties.
- Keyboard.PLUS and Keyboard.MINUS have been added to the list of key codes (thanks @VictorBjelkholm #1281)
- If Game Objects change their frame, such as with an animated Sprite, and the change goes from a previously trimmed frame to a non-trimmed (full size) one, then the previous trim values were still left active, causing it to glitch (thanks stupot)
- If you called StateManager.start from within a states
initmethod which also had a
preloadmethod it would fail to start the next State.
- StateManager.boot would call start on a State twice if it was added to the game and started before the DOM load had completed. This didn't cause an error but was duplicating function calls needlessly.
- Changing any of the Text properties such as font, lineSpacing and fontSize on a Text object that wasn't already on the display list would cause an updateTransform error. Parent is now checked first in all setters.
- A Timer with a delay value that was a float and not an integer would not loop correctly. Timer delay values are now passed through Math.round to avoid this (thanks @osmanzeki #1196)
- The Loader would incorrectly call
fileCompletefor legacy audio files instead of setting it as a callback, throwing up errors if the audio file failed to load (thanks @spayton #1212)
- The Uint32Array check used in Utils was incorrectly replacing Uint32Array on Safari, causing errors like BitmapData.getPixel32 to fail and other related issues (fixes #1043 and #1197)
- Camera.follow would break if the parent of the Sprite being followed was scaled in any way (thanks @englercj #1222)
- Fixed the 4fv uniform in the Pixelate filter.